Skip to main content

How to monetize your blog.

I know that this topic is kind of a Tabu because not so many people want to talk about earning money, because showing off the money that we have earned by our hard work is bad, obviously.
I am here anyways to tell you about how to monetize your blog because I think that if you are working so hard to raise your blog there is nothing bad on wanting to earn some money out of it, at the end everyone could do it but who is talking about you is just too lazy to put their but on the chair and working on their blog. 

Anyways, I will start by saying that I don't earn a cent out of this blog, probably because I am not very good at marketing it, however I know a lot of ways that you can use to earn some money out of your blog and even make a living out of it, I have researched some ways and some of them I have tested, but don't expect to be millionaire by the end of the week, you are not! Or maybe you could if you have some good marketing strategies which I don't have. 

Affiliations codes and sponsorships.


This are the most common and used ways to make money. There are a lot of affiliation programs that you can use that will provide you affiliation links and codes that you can enter in your blog and make money out of them. I am subscribed to the affiliation program of Amazon, I have displayed an example, I don't know if it's going to work but you can subscribe for free and I have never made a cent out of it, but I have heard of people making up to 10k a month with it, which is totally possible if you have, again, good marketing strategies. 
Something else that I use, but I have never made money out of it are codes, I have an affiliation code with N26 bank, read my blog post about it and you'll know how to have your own code, and some affiliation codes with some clothing companies that I don't display on this blog since it talks about totally different things, I have never made a cent out of them too. 
Sponsorship are the most effective way because you are having a relationship with a brand that will give you money if you display their logo on your site, they should pay you an advance for doing this, or they could pay you to write a post on your blog, anyways, you get paid by the company. 
So, a company emailed me a couple of months ago, it was a printer promising to pay me if I displayed their website somewhere in my blog, well I have never heard of them since, obviously I took away their insert, so be careful, there are a lot of scammers out there.
Clothing companies that provided me codes:
Halifornia appareal (they have a program in which you get 30% of the sales)
There was another one that reached out to me on instagram but I just wasn't interested in it because I talk about books and writing and not about clothes, look up on the internet, you'll definitely find something.

Ads

Ads are annoying and some people may not visit your blog anymore if you use them, but if you don't earn a cent out of anything that I have talked about earlier, this may be your last chance.
Putting ads on your site is easier than you could think of, you just need to sing up on an ad service and put the Java script or whatever they provide you on your blog and ads will be displayed right away, now, be careful not to click on your own ads or you will get banned from the program.
I have signed up to the most popular one, Google ADsense but my subscription never got reviewed, they take some days to review your subscription and mine is still on "we are setting you up this may take some time" well, I have subscribed on Dicember so I gave up.
I started to look up for other programs and I found revenue hits, it works pretty well, it tells me how many views and clicks I get,  but unfortunately I haven't earned a cent out of it but still, I have heard of people making up to 13k form it.
Everything works if you have good marketing strategies, which I don't, unfortunately, and you need a lot of blog viewers, I still get some impressions, but obviously, no one clicks on your ads. 

Paypal and Patreon donations.

There's nothing wrong to ask for donations, they are not compulsory so people shouldn't feel like they have to donate, if they feel like they are wasting money they will just not donate and that's it.
You don't have anything to waste if you put an insert on your blog asking for donation, people may or may not donate, I put it down my posts, just if you scroll until the end you can read it, but needles to say, not even a cent was made by this method. 
If you like my content maybe you can consider a donation through PayPal.

This were my secrets on how to monetize your blog, I hope that they were helpful, share this post with someone that need to know this information and I will see you in the next one. 



Buy my books here (some of the links may be affiliates, even if I don't make a cent out of them they could help me in growing my blog):
Still holding on, your motivational coach, available for preorder (english): https://amzn.to/2DeYN2n
The last beat (italian): https://amzn.to/2I4UHxT 
Your book of shadows (english.): https://amzn.to/2KaDy7E

Follow me on social media, I always ask you for some opinions on what you want to read:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ReadtosurviveB/followers
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/klaren_o_connor/?hl=en
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdaANG6Pk3cNcK4tGXosOPA?view_as=subscriber (I am trying to set up a channel for those of you who don't like to read the blog but prefer watching, don't worry, the blog will be active anyways, subscribe if you want, I will start making videos as soon as I get the right camera and microphone.) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La pioggia nel pineto, D'annunzio, La domenica del Classico.

Oggi, un po' per la domenica del classico un po' perché sono ispirata volevo proporvi la mia poesia preferita. Come potrete vedere dal blog io leggo solo testi in prosa, non sono una grande fan della retorica, ma la pioggia nel pineto è qualcosa di bellissimo, è la poesia migliore che io abbia mai letto. Tutto di questa lirica è perfetto, i suoni, le parole usate, TUTTO ragazzi, tutto. Quindi oggi vi propongo il testo integrale per chiunque non abbia mai letto tale meraviglia e proverò a spiegarvi un po' di cosa si parla.  Taci. Su le soglie                   del bosco non odo parole che dici umane; ma odo parole più nuove che parlano gocciole e foglie lontane. Ascolta. Piove dalle nuvole sparse. Piove su le tamerici salmastre ed arse, piove su i pini scagliosi ed irti, piove su i mirti divini, su le ginestre fulgenti di fiori accolti, su i ginepri folti di coccole aulenti, piove su i nostri volti silvani, piove su le nostre mani ignude, su

Servizi offerti dal blog - services offered by the blog.

[EN right after IT] Mi infastidisce chiamarli servizi siccome non lo sono ma non trovo altro sinonimo da usare.  Con questo blog voglio aiutare delle persone, autori emergenti che hanno davvero una passione per la scrittura e vogliono condividere i loro pensieri con noi lettori, siccome io stessa sono un'autrice voglio aiutare chi come me ne ha bisogno, dichiaro quindi aperte le recensioni su richiesta! Primo servizio Da oggi ogni autore che ha un libro da sottoporre alla mia lettura potrà scrivermi all'indirizzo email: readtosurvive.blog@gmail.com e decideremo le condizioni. Ovviamente offro questo servizio gratuitamente, con condizioni intendo se ci sono preferenze sul periodo o giorno di uscita dell'articolo o altro che l'autore voglia specificarmi.  Prediligo i seguenti generi anche se non ne scarto altri: - Fantasy - Romance - Erotic romance - History romance  - Narrativa non di genere  - Horror Secondo servizio Ho sempre recensi

Riassunto e commento de "I malavoglia" di Giovanni Verga: La domenica del classico

Per la domenica del classico di oggi porto un romanzo che è in contrapposizione con "Il Piacere" di Gabriele D'annunzio di cui trovate la rispettiva domenica del classico qui. Quindi, "I malavoglia" è un romanzo scritto da Giovanni Verga e pubblicato nel 1881, ambientato nel 1860, narra la storia di una famiglia, la famiglia Toscano, denominati Malavoglia per via della loro dedizione al lavoro. La famiglia toscano è costituita da padron 'Ntoni, che è il più anziano ed il più saggio che ha avuto un figlil, Bastianazzo, un giovane uomo molto devoto al padre, Bastianazzo è sposato con la Longa, e rispettivamente hanno quattro figli, il ventenne 'Ntoni, testardo ma buono, Filomena chiamata Sant'Agata per via della sua dedizione al telaio, Alessi, più responsabile del fratello maggiore, Luca e  Lia, né carne né pesce, quindi era in quell'età in cui non era più una bambina ma non era nemmeno una donna. Vivono nella casa del Nespolo e sono dei