Skip to main content

Books and series I've never finished - part two

I've already written an article like this in italian, I'll link it here, open the right bar and translate the article with the tool or just look at the covers of the books if you're interested, and I really liked to write it. 
There are so many books that I didn't finish because they were terrible or because I just was not getting interested by the story.
Reading should be a pleasure, don't force yourself into reading something that you don't like, that's why I'd rather just let the book uncomplete instead of forcing myself into a lot of frustration and finish it. 

Image result for obsidian j l armentroutThe first book that I've never gotten to finish is Obsidian, I hated this book so much.
I have to say that I read the translation and not the original book in English, this can make you hate a book so much, there is a problem, this book was Twilight in every shape and form, it was way too similar to it, I just couldn't.
I read enough to review it and I think I gave it one star and a half and a review on this blog will be out soon.
I've read 70% of it and then I just quit, the characters were weird it was not realistic at all and what the heck is this cover? 
Definitely not recommended, I might try it again in English to see if my opinion changes but this was just way too bad. 
Related image
The thousandth floor.
I tried this book and I don't think it's too bad, the idea was great but it's just the points of view, I hate books with too many points of view, this is the only problem with it.
I will pick this up again at some point and give it another try, the idea was original.
It will definitely have another chance, just not now. 

Image result for matchedMatched
I've heard really good things about this book and it was the kind of dystopian that I was in the mood for when I first started reading it but I don't know why I wasn't getting the story, I didn't care anything about the characters, it was not interesting for me anymore. 
I'll definitely pick this up again when I'll be in the mood for another dystopian, but again, not now.

Breaking dawn.
Image result for breaking dawn bookIt's sad because I loved the first three books that compone the Twilight series but this was a huge no from me. 
I don't know what was about it but it was just too bad.
I hated the imprinting between Jacob and Renesmee and the fact that Jacob said that he never felt anything for bella but it just was for her fetus that was not even there made me just cringe so hardly.
Stephanie forced herself into writing this book into making it long enough and it was bad, it was so bad, I couldn't even finish it. 

This were the books I've never finished, now onto the series I've never finished.

The summoning series
Image result for the summoning bookI've loved the fist book of this series but the second one I think took too long to be published, I don't remember what the deal was with it, I just got too bored and tired to wait, I forgot about it.
I think that unfortunately it's not the time for me anymore to pick up a series like this, I still remember everything that happened in the first book but I read it when I was 15 and me now and 15 year old me just have way different tastes, I don't want to give this a bad review because I'm sure that 15 year old me would have loved it.
And I was actually begging for the sequel, who read the summoning will know why I say this. 
The bronze horseman series
Image result for the bronze horseman seriesIf you have been reading this blog for a while you would know how much I hated the first book.
I found it way too long, there were so many details that I couldn't care less about, you say it once maybe twice, you don't need to say it for 200 pages.
Guys, 200 pages about how much bread they were eating, I know, it was WWII, we already studied this stuff at school, I know the struggle and I've read better books than this one that were set during the WWs and this was just not it.
I found it disrespectful to the people that were really struggling that time, I'll write a detailed review and I surely won't even look at the next two books.
This book made me mad in a whole other level. 
 Unwind
Image result for unwind I have a review for this book that you can read here. 
As I finished that article I said that I didn't know if I was going to finish this series or not.
Right now I can tell you that I'm not interested in finishing this series at all.
If you read that review you'll know that I liked this book but not as much.
I am not planning on reading the other books but I could one day. 
I'll update you on this. 

This is it for today's article, I hope you liked it and you got some ideas on which books not to read.
And by the way, if I din't like them doesn't mean that if you did you're a bad person, I respect your opinion and you can share it politely in the comments, we all have different tastes and I just didn't like this books enough. 
Byee!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La pioggia nel pineto, D'annunzio, La domenica del Classico.

Oggi, un po' per la domenica del classico un po' perché sono ispirata volevo proporvi la mia poesia preferita. Come potrete vedere dal blog io leggo solo testi in prosa, non sono una grande fan della retorica, ma la pioggia nel pineto è qualcosa di bellissimo, è la poesia migliore che io abbia mai letto. Tutto di questa lirica è perfetto, i suoni, le parole usate, TUTTO ragazzi, tutto. Quindi oggi vi propongo il testo integrale per chiunque non abbia mai letto tale meraviglia e proverò a spiegarvi un po' di cosa si parla.  Taci. Su le soglie                   del bosco non odo parole che dici umane; ma odo parole più nuove che parlano gocciole e foglie lontane. Ascolta. Piove dalle nuvole sparse. Piove su le tamerici salmastre ed arse, piove su i pini scagliosi ed irti, piove su i mirti divini, su le ginestre fulgenti di fiori accolti, su i ginepri folti di coccole aulenti, piove su i nostri volti silvani, piove su le nostre mani ignude, su

Servizi offerti dal blog - services offered by the blog.

[EN right after IT] Mi infastidisce chiamarli servizi siccome non lo sono ma non trovo altro sinonimo da usare.  Con questo blog voglio aiutare delle persone, autori emergenti che hanno davvero una passione per la scrittura e vogliono condividere i loro pensieri con noi lettori, siccome io stessa sono un'autrice voglio aiutare chi come me ne ha bisogno, dichiaro quindi aperte le recensioni su richiesta! Primo servizio Da oggi ogni autore che ha un libro da sottoporre alla mia lettura potrà scrivermi all'indirizzo email: readtosurvive.blog@gmail.com e decideremo le condizioni. Ovviamente offro questo servizio gratuitamente, con condizioni intendo se ci sono preferenze sul periodo o giorno di uscita dell'articolo o altro che l'autore voglia specificarmi.  Prediligo i seguenti generi anche se non ne scarto altri: - Fantasy - Romance - Erotic romance - History romance  - Narrativa non di genere  - Horror Secondo servizio Ho sempre recensi

Riassunto e commento de "I malavoglia" di Giovanni Verga: La domenica del classico

Per la domenica del classico di oggi porto un romanzo che è in contrapposizione con "Il Piacere" di Gabriele D'annunzio di cui trovate la rispettiva domenica del classico qui. Quindi, "I malavoglia" è un romanzo scritto da Giovanni Verga e pubblicato nel 1881, ambientato nel 1860, narra la storia di una famiglia, la famiglia Toscano, denominati Malavoglia per via della loro dedizione al lavoro. La famiglia toscano è costituita da padron 'Ntoni, che è il più anziano ed il più saggio che ha avuto un figlil, Bastianazzo, un giovane uomo molto devoto al padre, Bastianazzo è sposato con la Longa, e rispettivamente hanno quattro figli, il ventenne 'Ntoni, testardo ma buono, Filomena chiamata Sant'Agata per via della sua dedizione al telaio, Alessi, più responsabile del fratello maggiore, Luca e  Lia, né carne né pesce, quindi era in quell'età in cui non era più una bambina ma non era nemmeno una donna. Vivono nella casa del Nespolo e sono dei